- The Bunyadi is a pop-up restaurant in London in summer 2016 for three months
- ‘Enter a secret Pangea-like world, free from phones, electric lights and even clothing (optional) and revisit the beginning where everything was fresh, free and unadulterated from the trappings of modern life.’
- It's named after a Hindi term for ‘base’ or ‘natural’
- It has a naked and non-naked section + a changing room
- Waiting list of 36,000+ (as of 12 May)
- Created by Lollipop, who also created ABQ, the Breaking Bad-themed cocktail bar
- "The idea is to experience true liberation. We have worked very hard to design a space where everything patrons interact with is bare and naked." — founder Seb Lyall.
The FISH says: We think this reflects the need to switch off from the beeps, buzzes, rings, demands of all the incoming emails, texts, WhatsApp and other messaging platform messages and app notifications. Naked is an extreme way of describing this, and reflects the idea perfectly.