- Skipping meals and snacking throughout the day is becoming increasingly common in the UK.
- "Busy lifestyles and the pressure to do everything instantly has led to a disinterest in food and an inability to sit down and have a proper meal"
How often people skip meals and snack:
- 57% of Brits skip meals and and eat snacks instead
- 11% skip meals and and eat snacks instead… more than once a day
- 19% skip meals and and eat snacks instead… once a day
- 35% skip meals and and eat snacks instead… every couple of days
Main reason why people skip meals and snack instead:
- Snacking is easier 30%
- I need to eat on the go 18%
- I don't want to cook 10%
- I don't have time to plan or shop for meals 10%
Meal most missed? Lunch:
48% skip breakfast
64% skip lunch
17% skip dinner